Howdy ya'll, from Fatlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I thought we were the only ones to escape Kansas. I grew up in Shawnee (Johnson County) and graduated from KU. My wife lived in Derby, outside Wichita and also graduated from KU.

Where were you from?

and a warm, sunny welcome from Bangkok.

Sounds like you have a wealth of experiences to share with us so y'all don't hold back now, y'hear?

See you around...

Originally posted by scottbeach
Wow! I thought we were the only ones to escape Kansas. I grew up in Shawnee (Johnson County) and graduated from KU. My wife lived in Derby, outside Wichita and also graduated from KU.

Where were you from?

I had a friend from California who, when she met myself and my best friend from Kansas thought that a person from Kansas wasn't a Kansan, they were a Kanzanite! So my bud and I started calling ourselves The Amazing Kanzanites! We didn't live in Kansas anymore, and we really weren't all that amazing, but I liked the sound of it.

I was born in Kingman, a small farming community West of Wichita about 40 miles and went to school later at Goddard. I started college at Hillside High (Wichita State University), but didn't do all that well there because I was too busy being amazing and finished elsewhere. :)

It never occured to me growing up that I might some day spend a lot of time underwater. More fun than harvesting wheat!

JoeL

Originally posted by Dee
A belated Texas welcome! You're gonna fit right in :D

Thanks! It's getting hard to get into my wetsuit so it's nice to know something fits. :)

JoeL

Originally posted by martinjc
Oh sure, Joel, rub it in!!! <S>

-Jim (shivering in Ohio)

Doesn't I-75 run South out of Cincinatti all the way to Florida? Gas up the car, grab the kids and stop off in Atlanta and say "Hi!"

It's getting warmer here thank god, I was tired of those sub-50 days. ;->

JoeL

Originally posted by keralucu
and a warm, sunny welcome from Bangkok.

Sounds like you have a wealth of experiences to share with us so y'all don't hold back now, y'hear?

See you around...

Your signature sounds like a Townes Van Zandt song, "To live is to fly."

No worries, holding back isn't not a strong suit. An old friend on the Comupserve Scuba Forum used to say that I "waxed elephant" and often offered me a new supply of elephant wax whenever I had oral diarrhea. :)

Geez, Bankok, eh? Thailand is on my "places to go" list. So where's the best place to dive in your part of the world?

Thanks for the welcome!

JoeL

We have a lot of pachyderms in Thailand...

Any time you find yourself in this part of the world, let me know - I'd be glad to show you around.

Best places to dive in this region?? There are so many - unfortunately I'm not qualified to tell you which are the best as yet because I've only ever dived in the same place due to location and financial reasons. However, in exactly 25 days from today I will be going to the Similan Islands on a liveaboard trip - woohoo! An experienced diver-friend of mine was telling me just yesterday that when I see the viz in the Similans my regulator will drop out of my mouth because my jaw will be hanging open... not to mention all the wonderful marine life we're going to see.

A trip report will be forthcoming!

The quarry in Madison County, AL. is Madison Aquatic and Recreational Park. http://www.rockdivers.com I've never found this quarry to be murky or crowded. As far as tempeture goes, of course it's going to be cold (in the winter months). They even offer NAUI certifications, refills, rental and swapping of dive-stories.

Oh, this is my first post...hello everyone! :p

This is the best place to spend your working, ummm, I mean above water LEISURE hours, yeah, that's it that's what I meant!
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom