Howdy ya'll, from Fatlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Arduous
Hi jjoeldm:

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England.
Have fun, Dive Safe .........................Arduous

OUch! Diving in New England, egad! :)

I have a friend who has a law that I subscribe to which says that he will never dive in any waters that have at any time in history been frozen. I have violated that I think. Well, if the water off Monterey have never actually BEEN frozen, they certainly felt like it!

JoeL

and a Warm blue sky Welcome from ARIZONA

An official welcome on this thread as well! You haven't dived until you have dived ina a shallow, murky quarry in central Ohio - now that's diving! <S>

I have some quarry diving to do myself. I'm right in the middle of a NAUI Divemaster/ITC training regimen and I've been told that we will be doing some of the dives over at a quarry in Alabama and that it's COLD!

In a couple of weeks, however, we'll be diving in the warm waters of Ginnie doing some check-out dives. It's not all that cold in Jawja right now, but I really love Ginnie so it'll be fun.

(eat yer heart out! :)

JoeL

I've been told that we will be doing some of the dives over at a quarry in Alabama and that it's COLD!

Is it Madison Quarry? I went there once - really murky.

Originally posted by Weezle

Is it Madison Quarry? I went there once - really murky.

It is in Pelham, Al and I think it's called Blue Water Adventures or something similar. Although I've not been there yet, vis is said to be decent for a quarry in Alabama except when you get a 30-diver PADI class.

JoeL

A belated Texas welcome! You're gonna fit right in :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom