howdy, so pleased ta join y'all !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
on a Reviving Diving quest, googling YMCA certification which pointed me to discussions on this site... enjoyed those immensely, lol! brought back more of those 80's certifiying dives off Islamorada in the Keys; a reef, a wreck, a hole and for the fifth / finale, a ledge - by moonlight! 'tho many details have since gone vagabond, I NEVER forgot how magical it was :daydreaming:.

all told, powerful as those impressions still are, can't separate them out from those of my instructors and the training I received. we were informed up front that we'd work beyond what cert criteria demanded, and I guess we were a motivated group! there were "guest" and regular assistant instructors at every class, none paid, as I understood, who contributed so much skill, experience and inspiration.

Ron Olive was the lead instructor who delivered so much across that 9 week course at New Rochelle High School. I later became a teacher, which allowed me to understand just how excellent my diver ed had been. if anyone reading knows Ron, please send a shout from me.

and none of that speaks to the fun I had, but I gather that's not an unfamiliar concept around here! lookin' forward to getting back! :dance3:
:viking: visir
:goingdown:

Welcome to Scubaboard...! :admingreet:

Too bad YMCA stopped their scuba program as I've heard it was great.

It is still around. Only better with higher standards in the form of Scuba Educators International. SEI.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom