Howdy from New Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plife

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I have just moved to New Mexico from California where I spent the last 30 years diving along the coast and teaching and diving in Monterey. I am hoping to teach scuba here in New Mexico - but cannot imagine diving without my 7mm wet suit!

When I left California, and broke up with my long-time dive buddy, all my gear got left behind - victims of our break-up. My cameras, housings, lights, BCs, regs, computers, log books, EVERTHING!! It is really devastating to me, to be sure.

So, broke, alone, and trying to start a new life in the desert, I would appreciate any leads in how to start over, get new gear, and pick myself up - all with no cash - he he he. Simply cannot wait to go diving again.

Plife

***---___---***---___ Thank you much___---***---___---***

Welcome to the board!
Demming.......smack in the middle of nowhere!
I dive ocasionally at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. It is a 90 ft deep spring fed hole. A cold 62 degrees but it is diving. So Cal...won't be cold for you.

Joe

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard! If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you. The problem with SCUBA gear is it's all very personal and everyone has a different opinion. As an instructor, you probably already have all of your favorite brands. Take a look at the forums and try different things. I get to try out all types and brands of gear, which is very fortunate for me and for my customers because I can give them real-world advice from real experiences. If I can offer you any advice, just let me know, I'll be glad to help! So will everyone on the board, this is a great group of people!

Britt
CrazyScuba.com

Thanks for welcoming me. You are all so very kind :)

When I was asking about getting gear, I really wanted to know how to get gear cheap! I know, crazy, but I really don't have any money. I just want to go diving - lol

Well, back to the classifieds.

Patti

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Uh, how about a stealth mission to get your gear back, including the 7 mil. Damn, where is Deming anyway? I just covered 1/3 of the state, and know most of it, but dont remember?

Ok, found it - in the part of NM I've never been to. Wow, it may be time for a new sport. You're a day's drive from any hole I know of. Some dive near Roswell, but yuck. Several of us hit Santa Rosa, but it's a mess this month. See you on the Rocky Mountain forum...

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-004.gif

Hiya, Dandy,

Well, seems the guys here go to Balmorrhea(sp?) over in Texas for certs, and they go to San Carlos, Mexico for fun. San Carlos is supposed to be about 75 degrees this time of year, so I probably won't need my 7 mm for that, yeah! I am going to PADI hdqtrs next month for an instructor update, and I was thinking of taking a couple of days to drive down to San Diego and dive there. That might be fun...but with no gear I would have to rent everything, so I probably won't do it. Haven't decided yet.

As for the stealth retrieval, man have I been dreaming about that! If only my ex would be kind and just return my phone calls, I would even be willing to buy it from him. Well, new stuff will be fun, too, eventually.

Thanks for the info.

Patti

I just didnt think of San Solamon Springs State Park near Balmorhea. Did Ow, some of Aow and Rescue there. Just hard to take a 20 ft deep swimming pool seriously as diving. But it's kinda fun, close to you than me.

Got a lawyer? Get your gear back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom