Howdy from Athens Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gas_Hog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Long time lurker on the forum, and I have (finally) happily registered to participate and hopefully get to know some of the fine folks on here! I was OW certified in 2013, but never did anything with it (newly married and whatnot). Recently after a refresher course, I have been diving in some springs around Central Florida as well as some lakes to ease back into the swing of things. Looking forward to continuing to dive frequently and gaining more experience in the sport! I enjoy all the informative posts on here and I'm excited to hopefully contribute.

Dylan G

Welcome to ScubaBoard. What springs have you hit?

I've only dove 1 spring; Alexander Spring, which while fun, with a vegetated perimeter and plenty of life, is so small that my wife has heckled me for years that it wasn't a dive, it was a snorkel! I still say dive...

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. What springs have you hit?

I've only dove 1 spring; Alexander Spring, which while fun, with a vegetated perimeter and plenty of life, is so small that my wife has heckled me for years that it wasn't a dive, it was a snorkel! I still say dive...

Richard.
Haha I had a similar experience when I dove Rainbow River and was telling my wife about it! It was also a shallow “drift” dive, but it was pretty interesting considering the amount of wildlife we saw and also super relaxing. I dove Blue Grotto and Devils Den and both were very enjoyable as well. I wasn’t sure how much I’d actually enjoy springs, but for a weekend trip they are a lot of fun to get some diving in especially for a newbie like myself.

Dylan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom