How will your family know what has happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as my purse, it has my whole world for that week floating around in it. Not to be flip, but I prefer to trust people and not be so paranoid that I am vigilant not to have any contact information in it. I think if you are in a high crime area, you live differently than say somebody living where Rick or I live...I am not a careful person, and people have always helped me more often than they have victimized me.

It is like telling your children "don't talk to strangers" when in fact, strangers are a great source of help if they are ever in distress. They need to know how to "read" strangers and size up who to go to...avoiding strangers with a rule doesn't help them learn to do that and develop their radar.

So...your environment dictates what is prudent behavior, if you ask me. Chances are, where I usually am, people are going to be good and helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom