How will your family know what has happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of nights ago I was heading to the local corner store when I spotted something in the road. Upon getting out of the car, I realized it was someone's purse. In it contained everything imaginable; credit cards, receipts, blank checks, $200, etc. From one of the items I got the ladies name whose purse it was and promptly phoned information to get her home number, only to find it was unlisted. Finally, after searching through all of her belongings I found a business card. Same first name but different last name than all the cards and checks had on them. I thought perhaps the person whose business card it was knew the other person well enough to have her phone number.:ne_nau: So I called and left a message. The next morning the person called me back - she and the person with the different last name were actually one in the same. This woman was recently divorced.

In the end I thought, what if this had been an emergency? There was no information inside the wallet telling me emergency contact info or anything. Heck, I couldn't even get her number from directory assistance. What if she had been in an accident and I was a passer by trying to get a hold of her family? Yes, eventually the police would have gotten her info from her plate but...

I know it is a good idea to "ICE" one's phone but her cell was not in there.

Anyway, it may be a good idea to have contact info with your wallet or purse, just in case. :D

have gone thru the exact same thing Miss, ended up using the persons video rental membership card. i called blockbuster they phoned her and passed on the message

then i looked at my own stuff... even my own mobile phone has only "hubby work" & "hubby home" on the speed dial - no name so if someone has to use it to phone home they dont even have the guys first name.

i learnt to carry a 'in case of emergency' in my purse and encourage friends to do the same

Additionally, you can put a contact listing on your phone that says "ICE". It stands for In Case of Emergency. This has become very popular, as it is where you would put the top three numbers to call. :D

BlockBuster - that was some good thinking :)

That reminds me, my girlfriend was once in a horrible accident and some passer-by just pressed re-dial on her phone and got a hold of me. Wow, was that helpful.

Missdirected:
BlockBuster - that was some good thinking :)

well it would have been perfect IF she didnt own blockbuster overdue fees otherwise she would have returned their call sooner.... they had to phone her 3 times, eventually saying "your wallet has been found" :D

almitywife:
well it would have been perfect IF she didnt own blockbuster overdue fees otherwise she would have returned their call sooner.... they had to phone her 3 times, eventually saying "your wallet has been found" :D

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

This person offered to pay me for bringing her stuff back. Of course, I said no. Then she said, "At least let me bake you something". I said no. But you know what? Cake sounds really good right about now :D Hrmmmm....

I found a purse in the river and also used the video rental card to find the person. The weirdest thing was how skeptical and distrustful they seemed of me when I returned the purse - like I was going to try and fleece them or something.

Rick Inman:
I found a purse in the river and also used the video rental card to find the person. The weirdest thing was how skeptical and distrustful they seemed of me when I returned the purse - like I was going to try and fleece them or something.

Odd how people are distrustful of honest, good, nice, people sometimes, isn't it?

Missdirected:
This person offered to pay me for bringing her stuff back. Of course, I said no. Then she said, "At least let me bake you something". I said no. But you know what? Cake sounds really good right about now :D Hrmmmm....

You should have told her you preferred pie.......:eyebrow:

I have found a billfold once, called one of the credit card numbers, they called the owner with me on hold, then put us in contact.
An hour later, he got his wallet and all its belongings, and I got a 5th of tequila :D

btw: kudos Tracy, the world needs more honest people :)

and I just thought about this also, be carefull it is not a car jacking set up with the purse being the bait

Back
Top Bottom