How underwater data is collected?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm in need of some advice. Do you have any knowledge of how underwater data is collected? How difficult can it be? What factors determine the resolution and accuracy of underwater data? I recently discovered a blog called "Assessing the State of Your Dam Face." It would be quite beneficial if you could assist me by providing additional information. Thank you very much.

"Data" is a pretty broad category. Are you asking about dams and other man-made structures or more generally as it relates to marine science? You might get more useful information on inspecting man-made structures in the Commercial Divers forum.

I have never worked on dam surveys but commercial divers and ROVs (Remote Operated vehicle) do a lot of inspections on steel and concrete structures. The first commercial saturation dive was on Smith Mountain Dam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom