how to up load

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba e

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all-
I am new to underwater photo and these web pages. I am looking for advice and ideas on some shots. I would like to up-load some pics.
I have attempted to already. When i hit the load button at the bottom of the sceen it jsut says "this may take a few minutes" which it does. Then it ays "done".
I am not sure if I am saving them somewhere or if they are failing to load.
The files are around 2.5 to 2.75megs. Is that too big?
Thank in advance,
e

I don't know if the file size maximum is smaller than what is listed, but according to whats in the information for file uploads, your below maximum capacity.

<TABLE class=tableborders cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tddetails align=left>Maximum File Size:</SPAN></TD><TD class=tddetails align=left>4000k file size limit.
ZIP file uploads allowed (50.00mb limit).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What type of connection do you have? (dsl, cable, dial-up)?

e -

Those are huge files, even though they are under the max limit allowed by this board. You may want to consider resizing them to around 100kbs each, max 700 pixels on a side. This makes sure that a wide range of members will be able to view your images quickly and easily - there are still those on dial-up and big files are a nightmare.

Beyond that, when you upload a photo (make sure it's a supported file format) to the ScubaBoard Gallery you should get a screen that has a "process" button on the bottom. Click that after you enter any information you wish in the boxes provided.

Screens saying "in progress" and "successful" should pop up, then you should land in your gallery (or wherever you uploaded to) and see your image.

Before uploading, make sure you have selected the correct area from the drop down menu - this dictates where your image goes. The default is "member galleries" and this will take you to a main gallery under your user name. You can also create albums in your gallery and once you have done so, scroll down to the bottom and you will see the your own albums listed - choose the correct one and the image will load there.

Yeah, the PG is not user friendly, imho. And there's no point in loading full size pics - just uses up your allotment. If you can't beat it, send me a few of them attached to an email (addy in Sig) with ScubaBoard in Subj line and your phone number and I'll walk you thru it as I load them to a temporary gallery that I'll delete.

More below...

CBulla:
I don't know if the file size maximum is smaller than what is listed, but according to whats in the information for file uploads, your below maximum capacity.

<TABLE class=tableborders cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tddetails align=left>Maximum File Size:</SPAN></TD><TD class=tddetails align=left>4000k file size limit.
ZIP file uploads allowed (50.00mb limit).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What type of connection do you have? (dsl, cable, dial-up)?
I don't know why it says ZIP file uploads allowed (50.00mb limit) as that is just not true at all. All mine were loaded in zips. It also says the maximum size for a zip load is 4,000 Kb but I find that the max is 2 Mb. See my thread on that, this subforum.

Hey, I got your email with the pics attached, and I hope you don't mind me quoting it here so others may help and/or learn...
Hello and thanks-
At this point it may be my computer. I cant even burn a disc with these pics. I will try to send you 2. Let me know if you have any luck opening them when you have time.
Thanks for your help,
scuba e
After some testing, I am confident in saying: Nope, not at all - not your computer. It's SB's PG! Oh, your CD burner may be screwed. I replaced one on one laptop and am the other one soon, but that's not the problem here.

Here's what I did - after creating Scuba E's testing album in my gallery, which I'll delete when we're thru here:

1-I tried to load your individual pics, and the system would process, but fail - time and time again. I know from my prior experieces that a zip file larger than 2 Mb will not load, and I think the problem with loading your individual pics is that they are each over 2 Mb. I do not think the current system will load anything over than.

2-I reduced your pics to more reasonable sizes for the PG - 141 Kb & 146 Kb, and loaded them easily, along with some phantom pics from my prior load attemtps to my albums - which I deleted.

3-I then copied these reduced pics, added "zip" to the names, packed them in a zip file, and loaded them easily.

You can view these in Scuba E's testing album: http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2053

I'll send the reduced pics back to you by email, or - reduce your own to under 2 Mb each, and load less than 2 Mb per load, and you should be fine.

BTW, the process for loading goes like this...

1-Create Album and select Upload Photos;

2-Browse, select, and click Upload/Submit - long pause;

3-Click Process at bottom. If you have more than 10 pics in the zip, it will give you a choice of processing 10 to 100 but I can't tell that really makes any difference.

Hope this solves the current mysteries for many, and that you can load your pics now. Let me know if I can help further....

No comments from anyone...??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom