How to untie silicone bands on OMS wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info everyone. I don't think I can untie them even with needle nose pliers without causing damage, so I'll just cut and replace them.

Would this be ok as a replacement? Much quicker to get to me than the OMS brand ones.
https://www.amazon.com/Wang-Data-Na...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JP65E9FN2C2DGC2P7H3F

Back away with that knife! Stop right there! Put it down, gently, on the ground in front of you. Good. Now, back away, slowly...slowly...good.

OK. Whew! Now, with all that out of the way, let all the air out of the wing. Pull one short end and one loop end apart firmly. The square knot should turn into two a Lark's Head (like two half hitches, sort of) and loosen enough to untie easily, without any tools. If it does not, then someone tied them (much, much) too tight, or they are old and sticky and should be replaced anyway. Sometimes, a bit of soapy water helps. Rinse and repeat on the remaining bands.

Back
Top Bottom