How to turn off an Analox O2EII?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Simple question: how do I turn off the O2EII? Hitting the power button again doesn't seem to do anything. I typically let it power off automatically, but is there a better way?

Did you hold the button down for a bit? Let me go get mine and see.

ETA: yeah, holding the button down does nothing. Just let it power off. What does the manual say? I'm too lazy to download it. :D

You don’t. It shuts off on its own. It burns very little power. One 9V battery lasts several years.

You don’t. It shuts off on its own. It burns very little power. One 9V battery lasts several months.
Fixed that for you. Even replacing the white cover as soon as I analyze tanks, the battery begins to show low power after only a few months.

Fixed that for you. Even replacing the white cover as soon as I analyze tanks, the battery begins to show low power after only a few months.

Not mine. Each battery lasts me 2-3 years. I’ve owned mine for at least 10 years. I’ve replaced the battery maybe 3 times.

I was under the impression that the sensor lasts longer if you power the analyzer off. That's what my local shop says with respect to their wall-mounted Oxycheq. They ask divers to switch it off after use.

If the handheld Analox only stays on for a few minutes, then I guess it's not a big deal.

The sensor life is determined by two things: how much oxygen it’s exposed to (which uses up the chemicals in the sensor), and the chemicals within the sensor itself drying out. Turning it on or off won’t change anything. Putting it in a sealed, low-oxygen environment can help (that’s why they are sold sealed in cans filled with inert gas), but things like ‘sensor saver’ caps tend to only help a little. (And I don’t think any of it helps the ‘drying out’ part.)

Practically, the sensor will last for a few years, no matter what you do to it. “Saving” a sensor doesn’t usually do too much. It’s like a 2-liter: once you open it, the clock is running...

I don't have an Analox analyser but I do keep my analyser in a sealed Pelican style box to reduce exposure of the sensor to the normal atmosphere.

My Trimix analyser uses a 9v battery and I had issues with possibly fake EverReady batteries that only lasted a couple of days earlier this year. I also use one in my Fluke Voltmeter.

Not mine. Each battery lasts me 2-3 years. I’ve owned mine for at least 10 years. I’ve replaced the battery maybe 3 times.
What am I doing wrong? It seems like if I put in a new 9v battery, like the high end Duracells, not even the regular ones, within a couple of months of light use I get a low battery indicator in the display. What 9v battery are you using? I keep the white sensor saver thing on when not in use and my O2 sensor has lasted a lot longer than the quoted life. Given the choice of replacing 9 volt batteries or O2 sensors, I'll choose the 9 volt batteries every time

What am I doing wrong? It seems like if I put in a new 9v battery, like the high end Duracells, not even the regular ones, within a couple of months of light use I get a low battery indicator in the display. What 9v battery are you using? I keep the white sensor saver thing on when not in use and my O2 sensor has lasted a lot longer than the quoted life. Given the choice of replacing 9 volt batteries or O2 sensors, I'll choose the 9 volt batteries every time

I honestly don’t recall what brand 9V I use. It hasn’t been any one brand but I do always use name brand batteries. Duracell or Energizer. Regardless I’ve honestly never had a battery life issue. I don’t do anything special. I also don’t use the cell saver cap. It never seemed to make a difference. I use mine every 2-3 weeks on average. I replace the battery only when the low battery indicator comes on. I replace the cell every 3 years or earlier if the readings become unpredictable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom