How to trim your Drysuit Neck Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here you go :D

Best way to do it. Do not use scissors, you will get jagged edges. This way you get a clean cut, with no edges and less chance of it ripping. Take a little off at a time, and ALWAYS use a brand new razor blade :wink:

YouTube - Trimming your Drysuit Neck or Wrist Seal

Nice video Mike.
But rather than a razor blade I like to use a "rotary cutter". You can get them at a fabric store, think pizza cutter on steroids. Rolls right around, nice clean edges.

I like the PVC fitting idea, that's slick using the cuff of the pipe as a cutting guide.

Nice demo. Theres nothing like trimming a neck seal to bring out beads of sweat on the old noggin. LOL! Just make sure what ever your stretching it over isn't super tight. 5" pvc or a steel 72 are good candidates. I certainly agree with using a FRESH razor. Dull tools can ruin your day.

Thanks for the video Mike, I'm replacing another neck seal next week.

I'd second the recommendations to be very careful about how much stretch, and to use a fresh blade. I've cut several neck seals freehand with scissors before without any issues, but I put the last one over a 72 and cut it with a box knife and it split right down to the glue :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom