How to swap out the fitting on a Seaquest Power Inflator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gamon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi thanks in advance for the help!

I want to remove the Seaquest integrated AirSource regulator from my Balance BCD and replace it with a power inflator (see pic of new power inflator).

Even though it's supposed to be a Seaquest power inflator it has the standard fitting. It won't fit my Seaquest hose, I know I could get a standard inflator hose but I also use an Alert which would also need to be replaced so I'd rather go the route of swapping the fitting.

Before I try unscrewing it and possibly messing it up, is there anything special I need to do? There doesn't appear to be a place for a wrench so I'm thinking pliars with a rag to avoid marring the chrome. Anything else that needs to be considered when making the change?

Thanks.

Attachments

• inflator.jpg
    inflator.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 85
Send me a picture of the corrugated hose and integrated air source regulator

Here's the BCD with the Seaquest integrated regulator. The Dive Alert is not installed but it's the same fitting.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 83
Air source use a larger fitting, you’ll need to change the hose on the first stage to one that fits the inflator.

Sorry, send me one more picture. The hose connection. Usually there is a connector you can pull off and two wrenches work

The airsource uses an oversized quick connect. Oversized for enough flow for regulator use. Not the normal BC quick connect.

To revert back to a normal inflator, you need to change the hose to a normal BC inflator hose off the 1st stage.

Keep the Airsource hose off the 1st stage with the airsource inflator. They are a package. When you sell it, you need to sell both together.

He wants to switch nipples.. That is what I understand. The first one just unscrews, not sure of the second one... does it also screw in or does it have a c-clamp? which would mean you can't switch nipples.

Ok, got it, the nipple opening diameter on the AirSource is much larger than the one on the standard power inflator to allow greater air exchange. I have to switch hoses (and get a new Dive Alert), not swap the fitting.

Thanks.

well if you can switch nipples, you should be able to use the same hose, but I'm not sure you can do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom