How to suspend updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divengolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've searched in vain for this 'cause I'm sure it's been asked before.

How do I temporarily turn off my daily or weekly email updates while I'm gone for several weeks?

TIA

Is the Newsletter setting under User CP / Edit Options what you're looking for?

I looked at that in my original search and it seems to only apply to the newsletter. It talks to thread updates as part of the newsletter, but not separately.

Have you used it to stop thread updates?

There ought to be a way but I don't think there is. Better bet, if your mail program has a filtering feature send them all into a folder to read or delete later. handy thing to do even if you're not away.

I BELIEVE, but could be wrong, that in your control panel, under Edit Options there is a heading/box:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

In the options box, choose no notifications.

I am certainly no computer wiz, so this may not be what you are looking for.

I BELIEVE, but could be wrong, that in your control panel, under Edit Options there is a heading/box:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

In the options box, choose no notifications.

I am certainly no computer wiz, so this may not be what you are looking for.

Gypsyjim,

I looked at that also, but it appears to relate only to new threads or replies, not previously subscribed threads.

Thanks.

Harry

There ought to be a way but I don't think there is. Better bet, if your mail program has a filtering feature send them all into a folder to read or delete later. handy thing to do even if you're not away.

Damselfish,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to construct a rule in MS Outlook to route the emails to a separate folder and delete them.

Harry

Gypsyjim,

I looked at that also, but it appears to relate only to new threads or replies, not previously subscribed threads.

Thanks.

Harry

Have you tried doing it, and waiting a day or so to see the results? It sure looks like NO more notifications for any threads would be the result of doing it.

I would hate to hate to have to unsubscribe to every thread, just to shut things down for a few weeks. THAT sounds like way too much work.

Go to User CP. Look on the left for List Subscriptions. When the list of subscriptions appears check the top-most box, which will check all your subscriptions. At the bottom drop-down window, under update... select No Email Notification and then click on GO

I've searched in vain for this 'cause I'm sure it's been asked before.

How do I temporarily turn off my daily or weekly email updates while I'm gone for several weeks?

TIA

Go to this link (accessed through user CP) http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Check all the boxes on the right side for the threads you wish to affect.

Drop down box on the bottom, scroll down to update options. Choose your new notification then select Go.

Back
Top Bottom