How to stow your camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if you can adjust the buoyancy of the Sealife camera, but my rig is nearly neutral, and you basically can't "drop it" underwater. When I need two hands a gentle upwards toss of the camera gives me 15-20 seconds of hands free time before if floats by again. A lanyard connects the strobe arms and is generally used for carrying on land, but very occasionally (mooring line safety stop in current) I'll clip one end of my BCD.

For a small camera like the OP is describing, I would just attach to a lanyard and wrap around my wrist, holding camera in my hand for the dive. Large cameras like some of the other posters have described, totally different story. The last thing I would do is "toss the camera up" as described just above.

I have a Sealife Micro 2.0 alone.
I used to stow it in the BCD pocket, but I found out that it's not a good option. In my last trip to Playa del Carmen, in the last dive, it didn't turn on. That was because, as it was in the BCD pocket, somehow all piano buttons were pressed together and this led to the camera to enter in boot mode. There is an easy way to restore this (if you know how), but at 10 meters depth I had no access to the Sealife troubleshooting web page where this is explained.

Back
Top Bottom