How To Stop Autmatic Login?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharky1948

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How can I eliminate the cookies, etc. that cause me to automatically login to Scubaboard with my username? I've deleted all references to scubaboard in the cookies and I still am automatically logged in.

I am trying to close this account and use another one that uses a different email address and username.

Thank you very much!

If you click Log Out, it will log you out and not log you back in unless you type in your username and password again.

Charlie, Yes, I've deleted every cookie that references 'scubaboard'.

Jonnythan,
Actually that is not true. If I log out, shut down IE, then reopen IE and go to Scubaboard.com I am logged back in.

Anyone else?

That's odd. Do you have some sort of auto-login feature or program?

You should log out, then go to Tools -> Options and hit Delete Cookies.

Then close IE and come back.

Mike Samsen:
How can I eliminate the cookies, etc. that cause me to automatically login to Scubaboard with my username? I've deleted all references to scubaboard in the cookies and I still am automatically logged in.

I am trying to close this account and use another one that uses a different email address and username.

Thank you very much!
The correct way to go about this is to ask a mod or admin to change your username, in the Site Support forum or send one of them a PM. Online mods appear in green near the bottom of this page. And you can change the email address on your account yourself. I don't think there is any such thing as closing an account, if that was done your old posts would still exist and things would be messed up. And just stopping use of an account doesn't close it, your name will still be there attached to your old posts.

Mike,

If you tell me what the old account name is and what the new account name is, I'll merge the two accounts under the new name and the problem will be solved. All of your posts will remain and you will have only one account.

Christian

headhunter:
Mike,

If you tell me what the old account name is and what the new account name is, I'll merge the two accounts under the new name and the problem will be solved. All of your posts will remain and you will have only one account.

Christian

Christian,
Thanks. The old account is "Mike Samsen" with email msamsen@optonline.net. The new one is "Sharky1948" with email sharky1948@optonline.net

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Sharky1948:
Christian,
Thanks. The old account is "Mike Samsen" with email msamsen@optonline.net. The new one is "Sharky1948" with email sharky1948@optonline.net

Thanks for the help!
Mike
Hi Mike,

It's a done deal! I tried to reply to your PM, but the account fo Sharky1948 appears to be set up to not receive PMs. You can change that in your profile or I can change it for you if that's what you want.

Enjoy!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom