How to set Nitrox levels in old TUSA IQ 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan B.

Contributor
Reaction score
Old technology, but I'm looking for a simple computer just to tell me where I am re depth and deco limits. Well, I'm the simple one as I can't figure out the manual for steps to enter my nitrox levels before a dive. Would appreciate guidance.

Thanks. I read that thread but it didn't really help. For me, directions like, "That's it. Regarding using the two mix buttons. You just set them while you are on the surface for whatever two mixes you are going to use" is like saying "Just take out the transmission and put in a new one. Simple." I can get to the second screen, but neither the A nor C button "cycles the blinking cursor through each individual screen and the button on the right pick's the feature or enters data...whatever you want to look at it."

iq-700manual.pdf, pp. 12,14

Does pressing button B take you from the time screen to the dive set screen?
Once at the dive set screen, does repeatedly pressing button A cycle you through a series of ten other screens, two of them being MIX1 and MIX2?
Can you adjust the values on those screens by pushing or holding button C?

I'm trying to lay it out in such a way that you can distinguish between being confused by the instructions and having one or more buttons that are failing. As you said, you are dealing with old technology here.

That computer was designed by Seiko for several Brands : Tusa, Zeagle (in2ition), Cressi (Archimedes), DiveRite (Nitek Duo and Trio), Apeks (Quantum) and probably many others.

There were slight variations in the software though, depending on the brand the computer was sold under. For example, if I remember correctly, I could set the max PpO2 up to 1.6b by increment of 0.1, on my DiveRite Trio, but on the Apeks Quantum of a buddy of mine, the max PpO2 was 1.4b. So, don't worry if your computer has different limits than the ones give in the Dive Rite manual.

It was a very good, reliable and easy computer to use. I would be still using it if the pressure sensor hadn't conked out.

Thanks, Centrals, the alternate manual site was what I needed. The computer is nowhere near as difficult as the manual. (It also didn't help that the computer was set to meters instead of feet.)
Appreciate everyone's contribution.

Are you replying to a private message? What "alternate manual" did you come across?

The main difference I see is how they're labeling the buttons.

Back
Top Bottom