How to rig a small tank (13/19) for left side sling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have used a 30 and your current configuration works, then wouldn't you try to replicate the exact same clip spacing on the 13? Seems like you would move the clips to the ends of the bottle as much as is possible and then maybe add a little slack?

yeah essentially that's what I was planning to do.

But I can't be the first person in the world to sling a 13 so figured I'd gather some advice here first. :)

If the existing rigging is too long for a 13, I'd fit it to the very bottom and extend either lead. Or put a D-ring part way up your shoulder strap for the lower attachment or a second lower 'top' D-ring. Or maybe add a big O-ring like used for the inflator hose but lower, and route the top lead through that to the existing top D-ring. But I've not rigged a 13 either.

I have a loop of 3/16 bungee coming around to my chest d ring like a side mount. At first I might sling it... but then unclip and loop the bunge over the valve... then it sits back under my arm just like sidemount... its so much nicer. And I don't mind taking it because it's out of the way. its not hanging underneath in the sling position. Very annoying...
but that's with a 40 cu . Might be harder with a 13 cu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom