How to reset Oceanic Datamax Sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure your battery is rated for pulse duty and can handle the momentary high current requirements needed by the computer. Sony and Panasonic are recommended by Oceanic based on their peak pulse rating. Other brands, such as Duracell, are not rated as high.

I have a 1990 that would count down and then go blank. I unscrewed the back access panel (it has three holes in it) with an allen wrench. Then as it got close to the end of its countdown sequence, I gently pushed on the diaphram under that access panel. The unit then went into surface mode as usual. hope this helps
Old thread old equipment but still works. I have the temperature depth bottom timer only by Oceanic module and also the Datamax Oceanic which is a dive computer. Both have the same form factor. When recently after a diving with the computer it would only run self test and shut off. I clean the sand out of the three holes that have the diaphragm pressure sensor underneath gently with a toothbrush and running water. Shook out sand and did not have to take apart anything. Now it works fully again. Batteries were not in it for a week when I thought changing them was necessary and it did not help. I used them in the depth timer module. Batteries in both now both work and only the dive log for the timer are gone. I have had batteries removed from it for like 10 years. The computer just a week. All the dives logged on the computer are still there. Sure a late 90's computer is dated, but I still use it. I think I can put the timer in the BC pocket and computer in the console. Make sure to check at the surface while in the water that they work. That self test sequence is not enough. See it give time allowed at each incremental depth for no decompression dives. Then look at it obviously while diving. I think there is even an audible alert if ascending too fast besides the display warning.

Back
Top Bottom