how to replace LP hose on G260 w/ ball socket swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NateS

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a ScubaPro G260 regulator which is the "tactical" version that has a ball socket swivel. I need to replace the hose but I don't want to lose the swivel. Is that possible? Looks like this:

2716-vJRN.jpg

I guess I need to replace the stock swivel? I can't seem to find a similar swivel.

No, the swivel is integral to the hose. So you replace most everything depending on how it is assembled.

Gotcha. I really like the ScubaPro swivel (socket type) because it swivels with literally zero resistance. The one you linked seems to work a bit differently. I watched a video and it probably works well enough, but I'm curious, is there a reason why I can't seem to find the same socket type swivel?

the swivel is integral to your hose. It's a custom hose fitting.

You can use this type of swivel with a normal hose if you want that style of swivel. The ball I linked above works differently and is more aligned with getting custom angles that are pretty steep vs. the swivel on your hose that is more in line with making a hose feel more flexible. Different style of swivel, but if you're happy with that one, then this one below will be similar

Regulator Swivel Adapter Ball Type for 2nd Stages

the swivel is integral to your hose. It's a custom hose fitting.

You can use this type of swivel with a normal hose if you want that style of swivel. The ball I linked above works differently and is more aligned with getting custom angles that are pretty steep vs. the swivel on your hose that is more in line with making a hose feel more flexible. Different style of swivel, but if you're happy with that one, then this one below will be similar

Regulator Swivel Adapter Ball Type for 2nd Stages

I had a dream about you last night, you had long hair and were a really nice guy.

I had a dream about you last night, you had long hair and were a really nice guy.

if you go far enough back to when I was acting and didn't want to wear a wig it was pretty long *long enough to put in a pony tail*, that has been over a decade though.
The really nice guy thing? that one is still up for debate

if you go far enough back to when I was acting and didn't want to wear a wig it was pretty long *long enough to put in a pony tail*, that has been over a decade though.
The really nice guy thing? that one is still up for debate

Based on the way you present here on SB FWIW I think you're a nice guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom