How to Remove Logo From Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How can I remove the sticker (or paint or however they put those logos on neoprene wet suits) without damaging the neoprene? It's directly on the rubber, not the nylon material.

Rick Inman:
How can I remove the sticker (or paint or however they put those logos on neoprene wet suits) without damaging the neoprene? It's directly on the rubber, not the nylon material.

Rick,

I hate to say this, but with most of the methods the companies use to put those on, getting it off would make a mess of your suit. May I be curious and ask why you want to?

Rob

BigJetDriver69:
Rick,

I hate to say this, but with most of the methods the companies use to put those on, getting it off would make a mess of your suit. May I be curious and ask why you want to?

Rob
That's what I thought. The reason? No big deal, really. It's my 3mm full I use for vacation diving in warm water, so it doesn't get used that much. I bought it on the cheep from one of these discount sport liquidators 'cause it has a flaw. And the flaw on this one is the logo was poorly applied. Anyway, I just though if it was easy to remove it might clean up the look a little. Again, no big deal.
Oh, and the logo is "Hang Ten". :crafty:

If its directly on the rubber itself, you could try steel wool with the neoprene streatched tight. never tried it though but thats what I would do.

Rick Inman:
That's what I thought. The reason? No big deal, really. It's my 3mm full I use for vacation diving in warm water, so it doesn't get used that much. I bought it on the cheep from one of these discount sport liquidators 'cause it has a flaw. And the flaw on this one is the logo was poorly applied. Anyway, I just though if it was easy to remove it might clean up the look a little. Again, no big deal.
Oh, and the logo is "Hang Ten". :crafty:

If it's on black you might consider blacking it out with a dye. I don't know what would be a safe dye that would stand up to dive use though. It still won't be pristine but at least it won't be calling attention to its self.

Pete

freediver:
just put some duct tape over it and the ugly logo problem is solved!
:D Of course! What was I thinking?? :D

Find a patch that says something you like, and get that sewn on over the logo. Something classy like "divers do it deeper" or some such thing.

W

freediver:
just put some duct tape over it and the ugly logo problem is solved!

after my own heart :07:

duct tape is the cure all!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom