How to remove front silver ring on a Genesis OZ titanium regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mphelps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Genesis OZ Titanium regulator that has a small leak from the 2nd stage. It is not a high IP pressure problem as it still happens when I connect it to another regulator. I do not have a Genesis rep anywhere near South Dakota, and it is not cost effective to ship it to a shop, pay for a repair and ship it back, so am trying to take it apart myself and replace the o-ring.
I have gotten everything apart except I cannot get the front silver ring off to get the diaphragm off. How does one remove that?
Thanks for any assistance

Quote from the GS2000 service guide.
"While holding the bottom of the second stage secure with one hand, firmly grasp the cover ring with the other, and turn the ring counter-clockwise to loosen and remove. NOTE: If the cover ring cannot be removed by hand, it may be necessary to use the Genesis Rim Clamp tool (PN 22-680-200), together with a bench-mounted vise."

A rubber jar opener can help grip the cover ring. Freezing and or long soaks can help free stuck parts.

Quote from the GS2000 service guide.
"While holding the bottom of the second stage secure with one hand, firmly grasp the cover ring with the other, and turn the ring counter-clockwise to loosen and remove. NOTE: If the cover ring cannot be removed by hand, it may be necessary to use the Genesis Rim Clamp tool (PN 22-680-200), together with a bench-mounted vise."

A rubber jar opener can help grip the cover ring. Freezing and or long soaks can help free stuck parts.
Thanks I tried putting it in a vice today and still no luck. She is on there tight!
Do you happen to have a link to the service guide?

Here is link to the GS2000 service guide. I would guess this is similar enough to the OZ second stage to help.

Perhaps you have already figured out where the leak is, but when reading your post above I think of the low pressure seat as being first part to check/replace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom