how to pick the right size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
what size wet suit should i pick.
i have tried on a one piece jumpsuit
M and ML and both feel and move
about the same. Should i get the larger
one in case i need to "grow into" it?

the best way is to try both in the pool...do lots of different movement and one of them should be more comfortable....there should be no space between your body and the suite....should not be tight either....should be comfortable...

Gator Diver:
what size wet suit should i pick.
i have tried on a one piece jumpsuit
M and ML and both feel and move
about the same. Should i get the larger
one in case i need to "grow into" it?

Get the largest sized suit that still has ZERO air gap between your skin and the wetsuit.

Be sure to check freedom of movement, scuba is an action sport. Arms over your head, touch your toes, hands on opposite shoulders that sort of stuff. Also make sure it does not hinder you inhalation or assist in exhaling. Make sure it fits up nto your armpits and is not under tension between your shoulders and crotch

Other than that it wants to be a second skin fit with no water spaces. A M and ML may very well feel the same with the biggest difference being how thay run on your limbs and the crotch to shoulder fit I mentioned. Zero in on those properties when you retry them.

Pete

spectrum:
Be sure to check freedome of movement, scuba is an action sport. Arms over your head, touch your toes, hands on opposite shoulders that sort of stuff. Also make sure it does not hinder you inhalation or assist in exhaling. Make sure it fits up nto your armpits and is not under tension between your shoulders and crotch

Other than that it wants top be a second skin fit with no water spaces. A M and ML may very well feel the same with the biggest difference being how thay run on your limbs and the crotch to shoulder fit I mentioned. Zero in on those properties when you retry them.

Agree with everything Pete said, but I would add three words...

IN THE WATER!

Wetsuits are made to fit well while diving, not while standing in a dive shop. Any suit will feel uncomfortable, fit weird, restrict or allow movement to a greater or lesser degree, etc out of the water. For instance, the legs and arms of drysuits are "pre-bent" for optimal comfort while diving. If you are standing up, you are "stretching" the suit such that it may seem to restrict movement in torso/arms etc, when in reallity it really won't. If you overcome the "dry land" problem, the suit may well be TOO big.

Agree with others, but What thickness? If you want freedom of movement, get the Henderson Hyperstretch. You can get a really snug fit but still have freedom of movement AND room to grow if you get it fit correctly.

And was this post really started in 2003???

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Are we so bored we're searching for posts to answer? :D

We all need to dive more....

TheRedHead:
Are we so bored we're searching for posts to answer? :D

We all need to dive more....

let me respond to the..... absolutely on both counts

What the heck the OP didn't get an answer until 2006!

Back
Top Bottom