How to Pack Regulator for Shipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geovic

New
Reaction score
I sold a regulator with octopus on eBay and I was planning to disconnect the hoses from the stages to make a compact package for shipping, but now that I'm about to start, it occurred to me it might be a good idea to get an informed opinion.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't disconnect the hoses from the stages, to pack the regulator for shipping?

Also, any packing-regulator-for-shipping tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

George

No reason not to if you so wish. I'd wrap the reg in bubble wrap or the like and make sure it's in a sturdy box or can be marked fragile so it doesn't get crushed during shipping.

No experience shipping, but I have had two regs and octos shipped to me. Both were still attached to the first stage just wrapped very thoroughly in bubble wrap. No problems

I think it's a good idea to remove the hoses, it'll pack better. Then you can bubble wrap both stages separately and loosely coil the hoses. It's considerate of you to carefully pack your sold stuff, I've bought regs on ebay that were just loose in a box.

Just make sure the buyer knows that you are doing this and is happy to put things back together.
I usually ship all connected in a Med Flat rate USPS box......fits well.
Most important thing is to make sure to use enough packing material that it's not rattling around in the box.

I have usually recieved such items together as shown in the listing. In a flat box with some room for decent radii it can be done OK. Certainly use bubble pack and clean packing materials to suspend the merchandise.

Taking it apart is not a bad idea as it's optimal for the hoses and prevents any stage ports from getting reefed on. If you choose to go this way I would make sure it's OK with the buyer, even tough by doing this you are forcing them to assemble if not fully service the item. I would also wrap, cap/plug as needed to make sure no foeign material/bugs get into the hoses and stages.

Pete

Make sure that the buyer is ok with that. if you proceed you have to either plug the holes with the plugs or put the stages into a zip lock bags so no particles get into the 1 st or the second stage. Personally I would not do it as you are potentially creating an issue for yourself if the buyer does not propely put the stuff together and blamesit on you

Back
Top Bottom