How to handle trash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I hike I bring a trash bag and pack out stuff. No different underwater, though I take only small stuff.

I tend to agree with Patoux01 in that trash wasn't there in the first place, so creatures making it home wouldn't have been there. Brings up the question of ships being sunk to supposedly create habitat for life. I still think it's just a way to get rid of junk--and they can say it is good for divers and tourism. But some have said they really do increase sea life.

I tend to agree with Patoux01 in that trash wasn't there in the first place, so creatures making it home wouldn't have been there.
How did they get there?

Thanks for the tip on fileting gloves, do they make you clumsy? I feel like my drygloves make me really clumsy already, so avoiding a glove on top of it would be cool...

Not at all. They are flexible and quite form fitting. In cold water they could be chilly but under those conditions I just use Mares Flexa Touch 2mm Gloves underneath

Last edited:
How did they get there?
I guess the swam or crawled into said beer can. I meant they wouldn't have made it their home if the can weren't there. They would be living where they always used to. Like nature intended, I guess.

I guess the swam or crawled into said beer can. I meant they wouldn't have made it their home if the can weren't there. They would be living where they always used to. Like nature intended, I guess.

They made it their home because it protected them from being on the losing side in the food chain. The lakes/reservoirs I dive have silt bottoms with trash as most of the structure for small creatures. I remove plastic when I have time so my daughter, the marine biologist, doesn't lecture me.

Bob

I remove plastic when I have time so my daughter, the marine biologist, doesn't lecture me.

Could we get her opinion on removing something that's not plastic, eg an old tire? (let's not get technical about what's plastic and what's not) That'd be real cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom