How to get Atom 3.0 to read second transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know how to do this? I got a second transmitter for a second regulator, but all the Atom sees when I put it into dive mode is #1. In the TMT/Battery screen, it does see #2 and reports it as good. But I want to see the pressure for #2 when I go into dive mode.

Thanks.

Did you go into the TMT setup screen and enter the 2nd transmitter's serial number into the Atom?

Yes. It sees it in the TMT/Battery check. I just called Oceanic a little while ago the Atom simply can't do what I want. It can see the other transmitters in ADDITION to your primary, but that's it. Really disappointing.

Yes. It sees it in the TMT/Battery check. I just called Oceanic a little while ago the Atom simply can't do what I want. It can see the other transmitters in ADDITION to your primary, but that's it. Really disappointing.

That doesn't make any sense. The Atom 3.0 has the Buddy Check feature. The whole point of which is that it shows you the pressure in your buddy's tank - i.e. the pressure from a 2nd transmitter.

I have an idea. Are you saying that you want to see the pressure from TMT 2 while still also seeing the pressure from TMT 1? Yes, I believe it will not do that. But, if you have TMT 2 on a second cylinder, then you go into your Atom settings and tell it that you are switching to Gas 2 (which has TMT 2 on it), it should now start displaying the pressure from TMT2.

Does any of that make sense?

That said, if you put TMT 2 on a second cylinder and treat it as your "buddy's" cylinder, the Buddy Check feature should allow you to check that pressure while keeping the Atom set to know that you are still breathing the gas from TMT1 the whole time.

The intent is to have TMT2 as the only transmitter on my rig, when using my second regulator. TMT1 is on my other regulator. So I want TMT2's pressure shown on my main screen on the Atom, and when I go into dive mode. According to Oceanic, it can't do that. Are you saying I can tell the Atom to only use TMT2?

I do not know. But, I *think* the normal thing would be for TMT1 to be associated with Gas 1 and TMT2 to be associated with Gas 2, etc..

I have an Atom 3.0 also, but I only have 1 TMT, so I have no way to try this.

However, what I would *think* is that, in your situation, when you are using Reg 2, with TMT 2, you would simply set the FO2 for Gas 2 on your Atom to whatever mix you are breathing and then set the Atom to tell it you are using Gas 2. I would expect, at that point, that the display would show the little Gas 2 icon at the bottom, instead of Gas 1, and the pressure displayed would be the pressure reading from TMT 2.

So, if you tell the Atom you are switching to Gas 2, doesn't it still show you a pressure on the screen? And isn't it the pressure coming from TMT2?

If so, what's the problem? Do your whole dive with only TMT2, by setting your Atom to Gas 2 before you get in.

You can't switch gases on the surface. And I think if no TMT1 is found, it gets screwed up. It's not designed to work this way apparently.

Just to be clear, you're trying to display both tank pressures simultaneously on the main screen right?

It doesn't seem to be possible since your computer displays tank pressure only in one place in the lower left corner of the screen and requires a button press to display the 2nd/3rd tank pressure in that area during a dive. The little tank icons indicate which tank you're currently monitoring. Apparently it's the "M" button but IDK if you have to preset that function somewhere first.

The only computer I know of that displays 2 simultaneously is the Liquivision Lynx AI - it has a 2nd readout in the top left corner for your "buddy's" tank pressure.

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom