How to GeoTag existing dives in Dive Manager 5.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jboneng

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to geotag log entries in Diving Log 5.0, I can't find any way to do this, when I click the "Details" button and then "Dive sites" the list is empty, even when I have added "Country", "City/Island" and "Dive Site" on all my log entries, also can I geotag a dive by clicking in a map and not by entering the position manualy (and if I need to enter the position manualy, which datum [wgs84, etrs89 and so on] should the position be in)?

Last edited:
Hi

From your text I think you mean "Diving Log 5.0", not Suunto Dive Manager 5? There are two ways to enter location data like dive sites in Diving Log: you can enter them directly in the logbook window without further details, or you can add them to the "Details" window and link them in your dives. Detailed dive sites can contain other data like coordinates. In the logbook dropdown those detailed entries have a little chain icon instead of the pencil icon. If you have already filled in all dive sites as unlinked items, I can convert them for you into detailed entries (just send me your logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de)

You can enter the GPS coordinates in any format. Click the little down arrow symbol behind the coordinate fields and you can change the format. To tag dive sites on a map, click on "Map" in the main toolbar. You can then add dives sites or even search online databases for existing dive sites from other users.

Yes I mean "Diving Log 5.0", sorry about that (can a mod change the thread title?).
I will send you my logbook file when I am back from work this evening.

an another question, If i geotag a divesite like this, will the divesite automatically be uploaded to the online database, and if so, can I turn that functionality off?

Last edited:
an another question, If i geotag a divesite like this, will the divesite automatically be uploaded to the online database, and if so, can I turn that functionality off?

No, Diving Log will never upload anything to anywhere without your interaction and knowledge. Dive sites and other data can be uploaded to divelogs.de or other online logbooks from the "Web" toolbar button if you want to use this feature. If not, Diving Log is a pure offline logbook.

Back
Top Bottom