How to center G250 purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Is there some trick to centering the purge button on a G250. I've been trying for hours and it's melting my brain. I can see the teeth on the face plate and note one of the legs on the button has a ridge so it locks onto one of the teeth. It only has a finite number of positions, around a cm of possibilities. If centered the purge button is nowhere near the locking teeth, if it's at any of the locking teeth positions it's way off center. I would assume that it is suppose to lock centered. Am I missing something? And yes, it's not a big deal I would just like it to work as it's intended. Cheers.

It's way off center. If engaged with teeth the top center of the button is sitting between about the 4 and 5 hour mark on a clock. I'll take a photo when I get home, cheers.

Unless I'm making some obvious mistake there is no way on earth this button will center if engaged with teeth. I have tried other buttons and face plates with the similar results. I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited:
I don't have any regs of that style on hand but, if memory serves me, that purge can be separated from the cover and then reinstalled after the cover is in place in any position you would like.

Yes, but if it doesn't engage with teeth it will turn and if not engaged with the teeth the ridge on the button reduces purge motion, it binds. It will only engage at a particular range with the teeth. Like I said I could be missing something but if not it's a silly design. If I am missing something then I guess it's me who is silly. It's become an exercise in frustration. I'm not far from just removing the ridge on the button and live with it turning and manual re centering it when it goes off center.

Install the cover and index mark the 12 o'clock position.
Remove the cover and hold it in your left hand.
With your right hand hold the button steady by putting your thumb on the outside disc and your forefinger on the clip pawls. Push the button.
Rotate the cover until the disc is centered with the index mark.
Reinstall the cover.

Last edited:
I've just put the button on after installing the face plate....

Install the cover and index mark the 12 o'clock position.
Remove the cover and hold it in your left hand.
With your right hand hold the button steady by putting your thumb on the outside disc and your forefinger on the clip pawls. Push the button.
Rotate the cover until the disc is centered with the index mark.
Reinstall the cover.

I think I've tried that but will do so again. Following your instructions exactly. Thank you.

PS the 109 finally arrived, lovely, thank you.

Guess I'm either more stupid that I thought or something is wrong. I tried your way Couv but it's still not engaging with the teeth. Of course I can center it but when installed on the reg using two fingers, I have small hands, I can fully rotate the button in either direction. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it lock in position? Isn't that the point of the teeth? Sorry if this is obvious but I'm struggling with it. I wouldn't have thought it should be this difficult, maybe it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom