How to best store Reg/Octopus/Pressure Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I was just wondering how to best store my Reg setup. At the moment I have it hanging on a BC hanger, but I was wondering if hanging it stresses the hoses in any meaningful way, and if there was a better way to store it. Thanks!

I clean mine after every dive, the hang it to air dry. Once that's done I store it in a reg bag.

After rinsing and drying they go into a bin with my other gear where the hoses can sit with a minimum of bending. I don't like reg bags for storage due to the tight bends the hoses have to make.

So is hanging a bad idea? I wash my gear after every dive so that's not a concern, I'm more thinking the (unfortunate) months between trips where I can dive where I have to leave stuff around. I guess resting on the ground would be the best choice with minimal bending. Hanging just takes up a ton less space!

Thanks for the answers so far

I clean mine after every dive, the hang it to air dry. Once that's done I store it in a reg bag.

+1 then store in dive bag.
If you are offended by anything in this post, blame it on auto-correct & TapaTalk.

Back
Top Bottom