How to avoid being an idiot diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
1. If you are meeting someone at a dive site, wait for them at the ranger station/front office. They cannot let people in to dive without partners, so your buddy will be left at the front office all day while you dive. This is assuming that, say, three of you carpool and the fourth is coming later or something, ie: you have atleast one buddy with you and another one coming. I didn't think about this today at Manatee Springs and Jean (jeanobeano) was left at the front office for 45 minutes. We had waited for her at the back parking lot, as neither myself nor my buddy had thought about the fact that they don't let you in to dive if you don't have a buddy. I'll remember this in the future, hopefully you all do too!

2. vultures like to eat your gear. I now need a new mask. After realizing we had ruined Jean's day because we forgot #1, my buddy and I took a short surface interval. We ended up chatting with a couple from Belgium about diving and it was a fun conversation. On our way back to our gear (we had walked just out of sight of it) some people saw us and asked if it was our gear on the tables. We said yes, and they expalined that they had just chased vultures away from it. Fortunately, the only fatality was my mask, which isn't a big loss as it was a cheap mask. The birds took several chunks out of both the inner and outer skirt. :( I still dived with it but I'll probably need a replacement.

If you can add to this list, please do!

This board doesn’t have enough bandwidth for me to describe my stupid diver tricks, but you’ve certainly added a couple I haven’t done yet – and won’t now either.

How to avoid being an idiot diver:

1. Subscribe to ScubaBoard.
2. Any question you have will be answered.
3. Use the search function.

I wonder if missing a dive class with the excuse; a bird ate my mask, will fly any better than the dog one?

if birds will eat the mask, u know u can eat the mask if left in open water and in need of sustanence:wink:

AXL72:
if birds will eat the mask, u know u can eat the mask if left in open water and in need of sustanence:wink:
or better yet, use the mask to lure some tasty birds...

ahh, see "do it" is way smarter than I.

You may have just saved some lives!! See, who says smart-allecy remarks will not yield fruitful life-saving lessons

actually, that is smart. Can we call you Maguiver?

wait...I may just have out did ya.....use the birds to catch :profile:fish:wink:

wait:doh:.......SHARK:sharkattack:

Could've been worse... could've been a Foo bird... and he could've pooped in the mask...

And you know the saying: "... if the Foo sh**s... wear it... "

Don't wear a T-Shirt to your openwater checkout (esp. if it's in saltwater) that's says : SHARK BAIT .... come and get it !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom