how tight should a wetsuit fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redneck23ms

Contributor
Reaction score
how tight should a wetsuit fit? i recently bought a used henderson size large 3mm wetsuit. i fit right in the range of what the suit should fit. it does fit me height wise and in the body. but the arms/legs seem to be tighter than they should be and i'm not real muscular. 6' 170 lbs. maybe i'm just not used to it as this is my first wetsuit

If you turn red, your hands or feet turn blue or can feel your pulse it's too tight. Often they will feel tight dry and on land.you should still have a reasonable range of motion. It also shouldn't restrict your breathing. They need to be reasonably tight in order to limit the influx of water. Good luck.

how tight should a wetsuit fit? i recently bought a used henderson size large 3mm wetsuit. i fit right in the range of what the suit should fit. it does fit me height wise and in the body. but the arms/legs seem to be tighter than they should be and i'm not real muscular. 6' 170 lbs. maybe i'm just not used to it as this is my first wetsuit

I am just short of 6'..5'11' 3/4....weight 170lbd..33"waist..I wear a medium to a medium tall 3mm aqualock Henderson..large would be too big for me

this is an older suit so maybe the sizing changed but there is no way i could get into a size smaller
problem with purchasing a used suit is that as neoprene ages it very often gets stiff and difficult to get on. Also the cells within it breakdown and it is not as effective at keeping you warm, A wet suit is a expendable piece of gear and usually gets thrown out/replaced after about 200/300 dives. I go thru a 3mm wetsuit about every year/18 months ..

I always thought no more than 2 fingers in neck and wrist, and no bulges around arms, back, etc.

I tried on about 8-9 different wet suits before I found one that fit my "Body type", Scuba.com was cool I ordered 4 from them (none fit ) but they were great about returns, I also tried 3 different LDS till I found what I needed.
PS: its nice to have someone around while trying on suits , you could get stuck in a very hot tight position...lol

I bought a drysuit when I strained my neck putting on my wetsuit (with an integral hood).

I like to think it shrank...but in reality I probably grew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom