How soon for Dir-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah ... what they all said (well, except for Cap't Jim) ... :wink:

I had over 900 dives when I finally got around to taking the class. Thought I was a pretty solid diver, too. The class was ... to say the least ... an eye-opener.

One of the divers on my team (Lamont, who posts here) had something like 26 dives. We did about equally well in the class ... and today, a bit more than a year later, he's more solid in some aspects of his diving than I am.

Breaking ingrained habits is about like trying to quit smoking ... you can do it, but it's effort.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

PS - Take a pass on the Kool-Aid ... that stuff's really bad for ya ... :eyebrow:

WJL:
[snip]
Whereas, some people in the class who had been diving deep wrecks and trimix for years had a hard time accepting that they were having trouble with the class and maybe weren't as good as they thought they were. (Not Bob, in case you were wondering).
[snip]

On the contrary, I had absolutely NO trouble accepting that I wasn't as good as I'd thought I was! ... lol

:D

NWGratefulDiver:
One of the divers on my team (Lamont, who posts here) had something like 26 dives. We did about equally well in the class ... and today, a bit more than a year later, he's more solid in some aspects of his diving than I am.

Yup, I highly recommend doing it sooner.

I think its useful to get 20 dives in first, particularly if you're in cold water with a drysuit just so you're not completely flailing in the class.

And don't change your equipment right before the class. Everyone focuses on the equipment prior to taking DIRF, but that isn't what its about.

And don't take it expecting to pass the first time. The first time they show you what you're doing in the water, show you where you need to get and then give you the tools to get there.

You better hurry and take it while GUE is still around.. :)

NWGratefulDiver:
Yeah ... what they all said (well, except for Cap't Jim) ... :wink:
PS - Take a pass on the Kool-Aid ... that stuff's really bad for ya ... :eyebrow:

Hey!! I represent that remark!! :)

Anyway Lord1234 make sure you get a LONG drink from the purple Kool-Aid jar.

lord1234:
so, I had an experienced DIR diver tell me a few days ago that I should take Fundies BEFORE AOW. As in ASAP. I am interested in pursuing DIR as a diving style because a lot of the philosophies definitely appeal to me. Do y'all think that I should go for DIR asap? or wait a couple hundred dives?

--L1234
(regardless I would definitely not pass the first time)

i have like 30 dives and i am taking mine next week, better now than later.

O-ring:
You better hurry and take it while GUE is still around.. :)

Dude,
You rule!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom