How should I open my housing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A hammer.

Since many towels can be very linty, I use a sports chamois, especially when I am on a live-aboard and opening the camera when it is fresh out of the water several times a day. The chamois works only when it is already moistened.

Whenever you remove the synch cord from a port such as the Ikelite or a Nikonos 5 pin port (from the camera or the strobe end), I highly recommend using a dry paper towel wrapped around the cord as you slowly pull it out (downward, as always so that any stray droplets spill down and away from the synch port rather than into the exposed contacts.) Immediately use your little finger (or similar) to stuff a dry portion of the paper towel into the port and immediately absorb the water that is on the threads of the synch port.

All of this is done only after rinse/soak in clean fresh water, of course.

enjoy the journey,
Cathy

You are most welcome, did the hammer do the trick?

Good times :) Did it explode, if so WE require video proof. . .

Looks like I do what most do..... Rinse, push, pull buttons. except I dry the housing with a t shirt (seems like much less lint), open the housing and run the t shirt around the seal and use my clean fingers to check the o ring. I only use silicone the very first dive of the trip and I usually change the memory card every night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom