how practical are EXO full face masks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDTzak

Reaction score
i was curious what the take on the EXO mask are for a recreational dive mask? do people use them for pleasure dives? also where are they sold and at what price?

MDTzak:
i was curious what the take on the EXO mask are for a recreational dive mask? do people use them for pleasure dives? also where are they sold and at what price?

Not practical at all. If you need coms., or are diving where the water is particulary cold or dirty it might be a consideration. If you tend to pass out underwater it might also be a consideration. :11: It's also a gas hog and tends to point your head down if you are trying to swim horizontally. They're really light duty commercial masks. However, there are a few folks who use them recreationally because it looks kinda bad-*** and techy wannabe. Try looking under DSI. They're made in California.

For working dives with surface supplied gas I like the EXO.

I would not use one for recreational diving on a bet.

They are big and heavy on land and in the water they have a large air space so tend to lift your face up.
It takes a lot of gas to equalize them and or clear a flood.
Vision is limited, not a problem for a working diver who is in zero vis or needs to concentrate on one spot to get the job done but not good for a rec diver who wants to look around and keep track of a buddy at the same time.

pipedope:
For working dives with surface supplied gas I like the EXO.

I would not use one for recreational diving on a bet.

They are big and heavy on land and in the water they have a large air space so tend to lift your face up.
It takes a lot of gas to equalize them and or clear a flood.
Vision is limited, not a problem for a working diver who is in zero vis or needs to concentrate on one spot to get the job done but not good for a rec diver who wants to look around and keep track of a buddy at the same time.

I like your cat avatar. Mr. X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom