How often are foreign entry requirements updated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And CDC recommends you test 3-5 days within coming home. Our PCR tests in CT have been free and we usually get the results within 48 hrs. We paid $350 for our two PCR tests in CH last month. I agree from what I have read that less likely to have a false positive with PCR nasal swab.

Bonaire just eliminated this 3rd day testing requirement for USA citizens staying 7 days or less, realizing they have to test on the 4 day for a 7 day stay per US requirements. Hopefully CUR will follow suit.

Bonaire just eliminated this 3rd day testing requirement for USA citizens staying 7 days or less, realizing they have to test on the 4 day for a 7 day stay per US requirements. Hopefully CUR will follow suit.
Now that the US has moved from Very high Risk to High Risk, the "Day 5" testing requirement in Bonaire has been eliminated entirely, no matter the length of your stay. You still need the antigen test when you leave....not as an exit requirement for Bonaire but rather as an entry requirement for the US.

Thanks for the replies and input. Staying up in Westpunt and having to drive into town to get Covid tested twice (on 3rd day) and again(within 72 hours of departure) is the buzzkill. I was hoping that Curacao would adopt Bonaire's protocol and ditch the third day testing requirement; ergo, it doesn't look like any changes have been implemented for a while. I have looked into Bonaire, but flights are helluva expensive. I enjoyed St. Croix, but the only places available within our price range are in slummy neighborhoods. My past two dive vacations have been in Cozumel, which I love, but hoping for more shore diving options. I agree that the US testing requirement for vaccinated citizens is absurd. I know, my dilemma is a first world problem. My husband thinks I should quit with my whining and book Curacao.

Thanks for the replies and input. Staying up in Westpunt and having to drive into town to get Covid tested twice (on 3rd day) and again(within 72 hours of departure) is the buzzkill. I was hoping that Curacao would adopt Bonaire's protocol and ditch the third day testing requirement; ergo, it doesn't look like any changes have been implemented for a while. I have looked into Bonaire, but flights are helluva expensive. I enjoyed St. Croix, but the only places available within our price range are in slummy neighborhoods. My past two dive vacations have been in Cozumel, which I love, but hoping for more shore diving options. I agree that the US testing requirement for vaccinated citizens is absurd. I know, my dilemma is a first world problem. My husband thinks I should quit with my whining and book Curacao.
Have you looked at Wed-Wed flights to Bonaire? Usually much cheaper!

I agree with the hubby, it’s with the effort.

I don't know all the testing options, but this site is linked to the Curacao government website and I got costs from there:

COVID-19 Testing in Curaçao from AZOVA

COVID Testing - Rough Costs - US Citizen Couple Fully Vaccinated

USA => Curacao:
$200 x 2 = $400 (PCR test with less than 48 hour turnaround)

Curacao: $99 x 2 = $200 (Rapid antigen test) - Does not include cost of travel from other end of island, loss of dive day

Curacao => USA: $179 x 2 = $358 (3-day PCR test) - Does not include cost of travel from other end of island, loss of dive day
  • Total COVID Testing Estimate: Roughly $1000 USD
We do want to go to Curacao, but unless some of the testing-associated costs go down on one end or the other, we may be forced to look for another destination for our February trip. It's a significant factor.

Johncn
This site appears to be for return flight testing only. As @lexvil referenced below your post, the third day antigen testing is arranged when you fill out the app that Curaçao requires. According to one of the preferred labs website (Lab de Med, www.labdemed.org ) this test will cost $35 per person. Also, that particular lab will come to your location free of charge. Again, I’m no expert, and this is all based on their website.
The other thing I noticed about the prices you used is that they are for concierge service, so no cost of travel for you and no real loss of dive day. The testing cost if you go to them for the PCR is $115 vs the $179 for concierge. Now, not losing the dive day might be worth it, but you’ll need to decide about the cost of travel. I’m assuming you’re flying Delta, since the website is done in conjunction with them, so they may prefer you use that lab for return testing but you may want to check the website @lexvil links in his post.

Erik

Thanks, Erik, for clarifications on other, less expensive testing options for the three-day one, and definition of "concierge" service. Will keep narrowing that aspect down.

The new requirement being no more than 48 hours prior to flight for departure is a real bummer, and was new with the October update from Curacao. I've contacted about 15 or so providers in our area about this, and none will promise under 48 hours without going to the same day pricing. Their standard testing only promises "48-72 hours". The reason our testing costs are so high where we live in Florida is apparently because they all send the samples to Orlando labs for actual testing. Maybe I'll check just driving to Orlando and see if the pricing comes down to what others are reporting.

Thanks, Erik, for clarifications on other, less expensive testing options for the three-day one, and definition of "concierge" service. Will keep narrowing that aspect down.

The new requirement being no more than 48 hours prior to flight for departure is a real bummer, and was new with the October update from Curacao. I've contacted about 15 or so providers in our area about this, and none will promise under 48 hours without going to the same day pricing. Their standard testing only promises "48-72 hours". The reason our testing costs are so high where we live in Florida is apparently because they all send the samples to Orlando labs for actual testing. Maybe I'll check just driving to Orlando and see if the pricing comes down to what others are reporting.

Huh, this is interesting and important for me because I'm flying to Curacao from Miami in December. I'll be driving through Orlando on the way down to catch my flight, might just stop in there and get tested on the way.

Thanks!

Have you looked at Wed-Wed flights to Bonaire? Usually much cheaper!
I wish I could entertain midweek travel. Sadly, the hospital where I work has the flexibility of a North Korean work camp.
I agree with the hubby, it’s with the effort.
He won. We booked a unit at Marazul for a week in Feb.
This site appears to be for return flight testing only. As @lexvil referenced below your post, the third day antigen testing is arranged when you fill out the app that Curaçao requires. According to one of the preferred labs website (Lab de Med, www.labdemed.org ) this test will cost $35 per person. Also, that particular lab will come to your location free of charge. Again, I’m no expert, and this is all based on their website.
The other thing I noticed about the prices you used is that they are for concierge service, so no cost of travel for you and no real loss of dive day. The testing cost if you go to them for the PCR is $115 vs the $179 for concierge. Now, not losing the dive day might be worth it, but you’ll need to decide about the cost of travel. I’m assuming you’re flying Delta, since the website is done in conjunction with them, so they may prefer you use that lab for return testing but you may want to check the website @lexvil links in his post.

Erik
The idea of the lab coming to where we are staying is a huge relief! Definitely influenced our decision to move forward with our vacation.

Interesting looking at the risk categories of travelers from various countries. Sure the US does not have a great track record, but India and China are considered 'very low risk'? Scratching my head on that one.

I think the world is watching to see what happens once people are staying indoors and gathering for the holidays. Hopefully there will be no spikes and restrictions modified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom