How "NOT" to take a shark's pic.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funny, I am afraid of Tigers and my first reaction was still, "oh, NO , there goes the CAMERA"

There was some discussion about this shark on another thread. Seems he not only has a name, but a reputation as being a rather naughty shark.

One has to wonder what type of conditioning these sharks are getting. If this was a dolphin we'd think it was cute. Maybe Nacho just thinks he is being cute! After all dolphins always looks so happy, large sharks always look scary, and pissed off (maybe with the exception of Nurse sharks). I'm not so sure that Nacho is not just having a good time with the strange bubble blowing things in his habitat.

The fact that the camera was not completely crushed is a real telling point. This shark is Playing!!! Ain't that scary :jaws:

caymaniac:
Either way, did he give it back?

from the text below the pic...

He grabbed it and took off, finally dropping it several hundred yards
away (out of sight). Jim Abernathy (divemaster) swam after Nacho and finally
retrieved the camera . . .

RonFrank:
There was some discussion about this shark on another thread. Seems he not only has a name, but a reputation as being a rather naughty shark.

One has to wonder what type of conditioning these sharks are getting. If this was a dolphin we'd think it was cute. Maybe Nacho just thinks he is being cute! After all dolphins always looks so happy, large sharks always look scary, and pissed off (maybe with the exception of Nurse sharks). I'm not so sure that Nacho is not just having a good time with the strange bubble blowing things in his habitat.

The fact that the camera was not completely crushed is a real telling point. This shark is Playing!!! Ain't that scary :jaws:

:rofl2:

You know you're probably right.
With the amount of force that a sharks jaw can exert (which I believe is easily in excess of 1000 psi) it was almost certainly just 'mouthing' it :).

I bet, while underwater, the "WHAT THE $%^&*()_" came out as a garbled mess...too funny...expensively funny...OMG!

Someone should buy that pic for the cover of an Underwater Photography Guide! hahaha!!!

Trip to the Bahamas on a liveaboard - $1000.
Underwater photography equipment - $3000

Having a shark take a bite of your camera and swim away with it?

Priceless

Camera-toting_Tiger_Shark_from_Paul_Krupela.jpg

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Maybe the DM has Nacho trained too take the cameras and then swim away and drop them so that the DM can swim after him to retreive the camera and get a nice big tip from the owner.

Back
Top Bottom