How "NOT" to take a shark's pic.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
tiger.jpeg

YES this is a real picture, or it seems to be from the below
description.... Wow...

(from source)

This is an excerpt from Reef Seekers Dive Shop newletter. They are located in Beverly Hills, CA.

"And finally, speaking of sharks, if you think you're having a run of bad luck, pity the
poor photog who couldn't take this shot. Yes, that's really a Tiger Shark. And yes,
that's really a fully-equipped (expensive) housed SLR system with strobes dangling out
of his mouth. The picture comes from Paul Krupela of Pasadena (he's already won an
Honorable Mention in the Beneath the Sea Photo Contest) and it seems that Paul was
with a group shooting Tigers in the Bahamas. As Harry tells it, " . . . the shark (Nacho)
approached the divemaster, who was shaking a crate of fish to attract them . . Nacho
got the lid to the crate and was swimming around with it, when he apparently realized
it was not a fish. His whole temperament changed quickly and he became very
aggressive . . . He swam over and circled and bumped a photographer (Andy Salmon)
a few times, then swam back to the divemaster and went straight for the camera. He
grabbed it and took off, finally dropping it several hundred yards away (out of sight).
Jim Abernathy (divemaster) swam after Nacho and finally retrieved the camera . . .
There were major scratches on the dome port, and Nacho actually snapped a few
shots of the sand. Paul was in the perfect location as Nacho swam away with the
camera . . ."

Funny :D. I'd give him my camera too.

Does Nacho do any other tricks, I wonder?

Geez.

So it's true... tiger sharks will eat anything.

Did he spit it out, I hope?

Better the camera than the photographer I guess...

Back
Top Bottom