How much weight did you drop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
More like Ahnold, huh? :07:
and here I was thinking of Rocky and Bullwinkle :wink:

Snowbear:
None. But that was 'cause I had been diving a SS BP/W w/ doubled HP120's for awhile before I took DIRf. With the Pro14 can light I was using at the time, I was almost overweighted even without any weight on the belt :wink:
Bear, that would definitely have me over weighted unless I was wearing some real fluffy undies!!! How much does that can light weigh? (I'm shopping for one now. :D )

Just what do you do with all that gas?!!!

And a question for everyone: Did moving to the BP/W cause anyone else to drop weight? And I'm really looking for total weight including the BP.
JeffG:
and here I was thinking of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Oh, oh, can I be Natasha then? She's evil!! :D

(btw, you need to teach me how to do that eyeball/tongue thing to my avatar!)

yes. i went from 14-16 in the bc to ss plate at 6 + 5 = 11. but i think the difference is not having to sink the padding.

yep, jeff, i like the eyeball/tongue thing...penny, it would look good on you.

BabyDuck:
yes. i went from 14-16 in the bc to ss plate at 6 + 5 = 11. but i think the difference is not having to sink the padding.

yep, jeff, i like the eyeball/tongue thing...penny, it would look good on you.

Thanks BabyDuck! I think it would look good on me too. :D
Good to see that you experienced the same thing I did with the BC to BP/W. And I agree, I think it was all the padding. But I really hadn't thought there was that much of it on my scubapro x-tek (back inflate).

pennypue:
Bear, that would definitely have me over weighted unless I was wearing some real fluffy undies!!! How much does that can light weigh? (I'm shopping for one now. :D )
I dunno the dry weight, but it was about 6# negative in salt water :11: When the batteries died, I whacked the can in half and turned it into a Pro7... MUCH easier to deal with, but I now have the can, lid and 4 batteries for sale :wink: (I robbed the 18W lighthead to make an even smaller lite, but I think the ballast is bad now :frown:

I also have for sale a rebuilt Halcyon 4.5 Ah can with DiveRite 10W HID light head and a few spare parts. It does need a battery, though....
pennypue:
Just what do you do with all that gas?!!!
Fart.... uh.... I mean breathe it :D
pennypue:
And a question for everyone: Did moving to the BP/W cause anyone else to drop weight? And I'm really looking for total weight including the BP.
Yes. Because I was using a Black Diamond, which feature some positively buoyant comfort foam padding, I was able to drop more weight than just the 6# of plate. I was otherwise pretty well weighted anyhow, so total weight didn't change that much. Now my weighting varies with the season. As the water temp dips below ~40F I need to add insulation, so have to compensate for the addition positive buoyancy of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom