How much should a used tank cost?

How much should I have to pay for a used AL80?

• under $40

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • $41-$60

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • $61-$80

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • $81-$100

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • over $100

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmileMon:
Depends, VIP/Hydro cost money, if its due on the tank, I will pay less.

I've seen many used tanks on craigslist.com especially AL80 for 50-80 dollars.
the 50 one needed hydro and vip.

How much for hydro?

I think the last two I had done were $25

I wouldn't pay more than $60 for a used tank, even with current vip/hydro. Around here, used tanks are plentiful and can be had for less than $20 each if you're patient and don't mind taking 'em to hydro.

Even with old aluminum tanks, the failure rate is still low enough that there's no reason not to buy one if the price is right and it looks like it's in good shape.

Just went to a garage sale two weeks ago that listed "alot of fish and diving equipment." The add said the sale started at 9 AM. I pulled up at 9:15 to watch two guys loading up 3 95cf steels and 1 alum 100cf. All were current with nitrox stickers. I asked the homeowner how much he got for the tanks and he said $10 each. It took all I had to hold the tears back. In S Florida $60.00 is good money for a alum 80 with current vip, but I have picked 80's for $20.00 more than once.

Back
Top Bottom