How much experience needed to Flower Gardens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett:
I think about doing this trip periodically, but I start thinking about a comparable weekend trip to Cozumel. Are the prices similar?

I think a trip to Coz is going to run almost twice the cost per dive once you count all the costs, unless you're lucky enough to get free airfare.

Twobit--The Spree and Fling have always been separate companies (can you say shared liability?). As athe e-mails to the crew and dive shops have stated Gulf Diving, LLC has not gone anywhere, the partners are still partners, the Spree is trying something a little different this year.

A weekent trip to Cozumel is comparable in price to a weekend in the Flower Gardens. If you fly to Coz on Friday, make 2 Friday afternoon, and 5 Saturday, and fly home 24 hours after your last dive, it is no longer a weekend, its a three day trip. The short answer is to get the same dives as a FG trip, Coz will cost you more, especially last minute.

TwoBitTxn:
Conditions may be great at the start and crappy at the end, or the other way around.

Yes. There are good days in the Gulf...
FG23.jpg

...and then there are bad days in the Gulf. :D
Get_out_the_barf_bags.JPG

TwoBitTxn:
The Spree and the Fling... There will be pricing differences, and huge improvements in the boats next year.

TwoBit

OK, I'll ask: what are, and why, will there be pricing differences between the two, and what are the "huge improvements" to be?

daniel f aleman:
OK, I'll ask: what and why will there be pricing differences between the two, and what are the "huge improvements" to be?

It's here at SpreeExpeditions.com.

Well, those are improvements. Fewer people, sweetness.

Been out to FG where 1st open water dive after certification would be fine.

Been out to FG where 10,001st open water dive after certification would be ify.

And other variations in between.

Listen to Divewookie; he's the man.

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I'll be getting a little more experience and then go for it next summer :)

I see a lot of nitrox tanks. Is it better to be Nitrox cert'd before taking this trip?

Clint

Trainacomin:
I see a lot of nitrox tanks. Is it better to be Nitrox cert'd before taking this trip?

Clint
YES,,,,the number of dives possible and the profiles of such make it an ideal setting for Nitrox diving (32%EAN). :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom