How much $$$$$$ do you make?

SCUBA can be pretty expensive. How much do you make annually?

• 0 - 15,000

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 15,000 - 30,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • 30,000 - 45,000

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • 45,000 - 60,000

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • 60,000 - 75,000

Votes: 46 13.5%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

Votes: 50 14.6%
  • 100,000 - 150,000

Votes: 63 18.4%
  • 150,000 - 200,000

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • 200,00 - 250,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • I'm freakin loaded

Votes: 34 9.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... let's see. Based on the number of different lotteries I won today and the people who want to give me millions for helping them transfer money, I'm estimating I made at least $100 million today alone!

< 250,000 does not count as "freakin' loaded".

In my case, Fed, State, Local taxes eat about 50%
Add quarterly estimated tax payments for the next year.
Tithing and other charitable gifts
Two kids in college - $20,000/year each (forget about grants)

$250,001 and up is pretty far from "I'm freakin' loaded"

Depends on how long, how many expenses, and how "up" :p

I always laugh when people talk about how expensive scuba is.

Peter and I were headed somewhere with our dive gear, including scooters, and calculated we had about $20K of equipment in the car. That's for two of us. $20K will buy you a promising three year old horse who knows almost precisely NOTHING. It won't buy you the saddle or bridle to ride it with, and it won't pay the $500 to $1000 a month it costs to keep the horse in a stable. And it won't pay the $500 to $1000 per competition to show the horse. (Oh, and BTW, to buy a competitive dressage horse which has enough training to show will cost from $40K up into the millions, and it is not surprising I don't own one :) )

Everything's relative.

By contrast, I spent a grand total of about $600 on all the gear and classes I need to rig basic toprope setups and rock climb outside. The local crags don't cost anything to go to, so unless I want to start another kind of climbing, or get to the point where one of my ropes needs to be replaced, that's all the money I'll ever have to spend.

$600 barely covers me for 4 dives (including hotel room and gas to get there) in OBX.

Diving is definitely a priority for me, and I don't mind spending money on it, but it's certainly not cheap.

By contrast, I spent a grand total of about $600 on all the gear and classes I need to rig basic toprope setups and rock climb outside. The local crags don't cost anything to go to, so unless I want to start another kind of climbing, or get to the point where one of my ropes needs to be replaced, that's all the money I'll ever have to spend.

$600 barely covers me for 4 dives (including hotel room and gas to get there) in OBX.

Diving is definitely a priority for me, and I don't mind spending money on it, but it's certainly not cheap.

Very true. It's not cheap for me either.

I have four very expensive hobbies: flying, diving, sailing, and skiing. I also have a wife who is not interested in any of those four hobbies. I gave up flying because it just got exhorbitantly expensive and because I fixed airplanes in another life, no longer found the need to be around them on my days off.

I have found ways to dive, ski, and sail relatively cheaply, so I can hang on to those hobbies. Now if I could only talk mama into being interested in them... It ain't gonna happen.

Very true. It's not cheap for me either.

I like your Republican campaign banner. Your choice of ticket in this race is perspicacious.

I may copy it.

obbi.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom