How much do Saturation divers make?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much? Well, in most regions of the world, an awful lot less than in 2017, unfortunately...

Not enough. But when I was near it, about $1400/day in the GOM. What if I told you that for the same $45k you spend on comm dive school & gear I could put you in an industry that will make you a millionaire in 36 months.

not enough.

What if I told you that for the same $45k you spend on comm dive school & gear I could put you in an industry that will make you a millionaire in 36 months.
I'd assume you were a liar/scammer or the industry was less than legal and move on down the road. I probably wouldn't be inclined to buy your book on the topic, either. :wink:

There's always outliers of course. Somehow Chip and Joanna Gaines made 20 million bucks renovating houses in a somewhat undesirable area of Texas. Doesn't mean I'm trading in my keyboard for a paint roller any time soon.

Not enough. But when I was near it, about $1400/day in the GOM. What if I told you that for the same $45k you spend on comm dive school & gear I could put you in an industry that will make you a millionaire in 36 months.
Are we talking something ethical or becoming a politician? :wink:

I don’t think money is the only or best way to value working underwater, I got 210 euro to service two yacht moorings today but I also had my lunch at 1 o’clock with my family.

I'd assume you were a liar/scammer or the industry was less than legal and move on down the road. I probably wouldn't be inclined to buy your book on the topic, either. :wink:

There's always outliers of course. Somehow Chip and Joanna Gaines made 20 million bucks renovating houses in a somewhat undesirable area of Texas. Doesn't mean I'm trading in my keyboard for a paint roller any time soon.
You’d be wrong on all counts. I could show you the math, but without taking five minutes to look at my books, you’d never believe it. I’ve helped half a dozen people duplicate what I’ve done in the last 12 months (for free)

I don’t think money is the only or best way to value working underwater, I got 210 euro to service two yacht moorings today but I also had my lunch at 1 o’clock with my family.

Prior to buying a dive shop recently, I worked about 4 hours per month. We typically fly to lunch :)

Prior to buying a dive shop recently, I worked about 4 hours per month. We typically fly to lunch :)

So you need a partner you say...

I don't mind working if I like the job. I also want an honest wage with enough to retire but also have my fun. I know I'm not alone but things like this feel like an infomercial. No offense just untrusting..

but your welcome to PM and share :wink:

Back
Top Bottom