How much do double HP100's weigh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just put my full Faber LP108 doubles on the scale and they weighed in at 110 pounds. I've been contemplating swapping to HP100's to get a little lighter, more streamlined setup. I'm estimating 100's must be about 15 pounds lighter for a pair, but haven't had the chance to weigh a set. So who has a pair and how much do they weigh full? I want to see how much the net weight change might be factoring in buoyancy.

Thanks,
Jim

My X7-100's weigh 90 lbs full with bands and manifold. Since PST 100's are about 1 lb heavier per tank they would weight in around 92 lbs.

Of course that assumes my bathroom scale is accurate. (66 pounds of tanks and 15 lbs of gas leaves 9 lbs for manifold, bolts and bands - so it is pretty close I suspect.)

An X7-100 is also about 2 lbs more negative than a Faber LP 108, so you drop another 4 lbs in lead if you are having to add lead for cold water diving.

Ok, I was likely going to get X7-100's if I do decide to make the switch. 20 pounds is a good chunk of weight, I'll have to check buoyancy on each tank, but I would imagine it's not more than a pound or two difference per tank at the most.

Back
Top Bottom