How much damage can one person do? Look at this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually, the water hydrants use drinking water from the water mains that feed homes and business. Do they use grey water in Hawaii?

I don't think so.

So..how long before they can shut a hydrant down, Shaka?

sometimes we have lots of fireman types around our beaches....or at least ones who care, who can "make the right call"

A garden hose puts out out way over 40 gallons per hour. A certified fire hydrant would run way over those numbers. Depending on the color of the hydrant, it could be capable of 250, 500, 1000 gallons per minute and up. some can run even higher depending on the line size and pressure, Like San Francisco. The standard nowadays is at least 100 GPM or higher.

DennisW:
Usually, the water hydrants use drinking water from the water mains that feed homes and business. Do they use grey water in Hawaii?
Not sure about fire hydrants -- but some irrigation systems use "reclaimed" water around here, and post signs about not drinking it.

I believe that hydrant is (was?) yellow if that means anything, diverrick.

Irrigation Risers are different from Fire hydrants, unless things are diifferent in HI. Yellow fire hydrants would denote a "small capacity" of 500GPM or less if I am not mistaken. GRen or yellow, I dont recall which is less GPM.
It has been years since I was in that profession though. Insurance wise, it is next to useless for your premiums or your ISO ratings. Having not been there I could nt say what was hit in this particular incident.

I'm not sure all the details on the irrigation (and by irrigation, I mean lawn sprinkler systems, etc.) They run them side-by-side with the potable water supply, I believe.

Kinda a misleading thread... I was expecting to see that someone was dynamite fishing... but instead it involves an accident that is very similar to what happens in nature (remember all the rain we had last year?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom