How much boot should stick out of the back of your fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LDesp

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure how much of your boot should be sticking out of your fins.

I tried on 2 pairs of volo powers with my 5mm mares boots on.

With regular size volo powers I had 2-3 inches of boot sticking out of the back.

With the XL size volo powers I had about 1 inch maybe 1.5 inches sticking out of the back.

What size would be best for me?

Thanks,
LDesp

I am not sure how much of your boot should be sticking out of your fins.

I tried on 2 pairs of volo powers with my 5mm mares boots on.

With regular size volo powers I had 2-3 inches of boot sticking out of the back.

With the XL size volo powers I had about 1 inch maybe 1.5 inches sticking out of the back.

What size would be best for me?

Thanks,
LDesp

If you do not have a lot of side to side movement. The deeper your foot is in the foot pocket the better.

If you do not have a lot of side to side movement. The deeper your foot is in the foot pocket the better.

Ok I will go with the XL then. Thanks for the tip.

Take a look at this picture and let me know if this amount of boot sticking out is acceptable.
boots.jpg

Pick your foot up off the ground and shake it from side to side. What happens?

It's acceptable if there isn't any side-to-side movement, but I'd still prefer to see less boot if I were fitting you.

Pick your foot up off the ground and shake it from side to side. What happens?

It's acceptable if there isn't any side-to-side movement, but I'd still prefer to see less boot if I were fitting you.

Thanks for the response... I actually have both XL and regular size pair of volo power.. in the image above you see the regular size when i pick up my foot and shake side to side there is no movement ...

With the XL pair there is also no movement my boot does go into the fin a little further not much however it seems to hurt the tip of my toes .. I dont know why but I figured it was because my foot was too far into the fin. Here is a pick of the XL with just a little less boot sticking out... It is on my left foot as I had both sizes on at the same time of the photo. I did swap them on both feet and felt the diss comfort on my toes on both feet with the XL.

boot2.jpg
(above XL)

(below Regular)
boots.jpg

Thanks for feedback.

The XL looks like a better fit, but you don't want it to hurt your toes. That would get annoying. If you must have these particular fins, stick with the regular size.

Back
Top Bottom