How many times have you been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

December 2018 for two weeks. February 2019 for two weeks. July 2019 for two weeks. Bought a house on that trip. October 2019 for three weeks. Applied for and got residency, started some work on the house. Retiring January 2020 and moving to island ASAP after that.

That’s incredible! Congratulations. Why do I suddenly feel envious, bitter and despondent? :confused:

First trip 2000. Just completed my 34th trip. 20 consecutive years. Bonaire Ambassador Gold medal.

827 logged dives in Bonaire, 335 of them on Buddy Reef. Always see something new.

1st trip 2018 - liked it so much doing 2 weeks in February. Used to go to Caymans quite a bit, but just can’t beat the leisurely diving at our own pace on Bonaire. The older I get the more I like being left alone to do my own thing.

Been two times before (Dec 2016 and Feb 2018) and am taking my 17 yo son in about 5 weeks for my third time. This will be his first dive trip and first warm water dives (all his 14 dives have been in a cold freshwater lake with low viz and not much marine life to see). Hoping he will understand better the draw of diving after (during) this trip.

5 or 6, four or five times between 1990, and 2000, and then recently in 2016

Basically 9 1-week trips (last was 8-days).

First 4 with Parrot Island Divers, a group out of Nashville, TN, staying at Eden Beach Resort under prior management. Used Wanna Dive for scuba service.
1.) March 2007 - 9 dives (was new, and with a couple of sea sickness-prone buddies).
2.) March 2009 - 16 dives.
3.) March 2010 - 18 dives.
4.) October 2010 - 22 dives.
Next trip to Buddy Dive Resort.
5.) December 2011 - 19 dives.
Next trip to Dive Hut, using Wanna Dive for scuba tanks.
6.) August 2012 - 22 dives.
Next 2 trips back to Buddy Dive Resort.
7.) April 2013 - 21 dives.
8.) May 2014 - 27 dives.
Last trip to Sand Dollar Condo.s, with Dive Friends for scuba:
9.) Oct. 2019 - 30 dives.

184 Bonaire dives, on which only 2 were by boat (Mi Dushi off Klein Bonaire and Small Wall off Bonaire).

I love the shore diving freedom. Good general Caribbean diving. I miss the large grouper (e.g.: black, Nassau and yellow-fin) I see elsewhere (Bonaire has tiger grouper, but I haven't seen many). Haven't seen a shark there yet.

Bonaire is my favorite dive destination, but unless you've been to a wide range of places, I suggest doing what I did...take a break and try some other places, diversify your experience. I've been blessed with many experiences by going elsewhere - kelp, sea lions and harbor seals, a number of shark species (e.g.: tiger, bull, lemon, sand tiger), goliath grouper... It's a big world underwater.

Back
Top Bottom