How Many Texans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steel95s

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I appreciate the big hearty welcome from everyone across the Scuba Board. It makes one feel great to be here!
I'm curious...with all the comments about "another Texan", I have to ask. How many Texans are on the Scuba Board? Don't be shy.

There is a thread somewhere that shows where alot of the people are. It says only 16 Texans have taken the poll. I do believe there are more than that, but I'm not going to try to list them all.

Think of it this way...We do have our own little spot on the board..:wink:

Welcome to the board..

Tom <------ Native Texan

I saw the title of the thread and thought it was going to be a "...take to screw in a lightbulb" joke :eek:ut:

Like Tom said, there are quite a few of us here. And if the turn out at our last Texas Swamp Diving Team event (Halloween at Lk. Travis) demonstrates the start of the trend, we're going to be getting a lot more.

Next "impromptu" event is going to be an expidition out at Possum Kingdom on TrueTexan's pontoon boat that he has rigged as a dive platform. Date on the Calendar is March 16 & 17th.

I'm also looking to get a few buddies together for some local "expiditionary" diving. In otherwords, go see for ourselves about what is in some of the more local lakes/rivers. Perhaps we discover the next Texas Diving Mecca.

Where bouts in North Texas is you?

--TexasMike <--Native Texan (Wolford Hall, Lackland AFB)

The Austin Branch of TSDT is growing pretty good. Damsel Fish on the board here is one of our main contacts. And Dee in Houston often comes up to Lk. Travis for various dives.

The entire bunch does plan on heading to Travis a few times this summer. Check out the Calendar in the Texas section of ScubaBoard.

We are also planning a blue water trip to Coz in October.

Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome abourd Steel95s and kgBlair!

Ron

I think there's more of us Texans here than some want to admit! :D NetDoc wants to be a Texan, he just won't admit it :eek:

Dee <-----Native Texan

Originally posted by Dee
NetDoc wants to be a Texan, he just won't admit it :eek:
And every time he wears his TSDT t-shirt he get's accused of being "one of us".

Dee...Can you and Beast make PK on the 16/17th?

Originally posted by TexasMike
....Dee...Can you and Beast make PK on the 16/17th?

I don't know, I didn't know about this one. The 17th is our 29th anniversary and the weekend before our Roatan trip so it depends on the expenses. I do want to see TT's pontoon boat, tho! I'll look into it and let ya know.

I'm another Native Texan. Born in Houston & did my dive classes at A&M. I may currently live in work up here in the midwest but my heart will always be in the Lone Star State!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom