How Many Pictures Do You Take?

1 Hour Dive, How Many Photos Do You Take?

• 0-50

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • 50-100

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • 100-150

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • 150-200

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 200+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 50 per dive - depending on conditions and what I am shooting.

I keep about half and am happy if I get 1 or 2 per dive that I will show anyone else.

heheheheh i find it funny that 10yrs ago hubby was limited to 36 shots and how he can take a hundred or so

Wow, I couldn't give you an average! On the same site I've shot less than 20 and more than 200 in a single dive. Depends on the day, my goals, my attitude, the critters, the conditions...

Some days I keep almost everything and share almost nothing. Some days I share lots of what I shot. Some days I toss virtually everything. Most dives I probably share 3-10 frames, regardless of how many I took :D

Shoot til your fingers bleed, is still my mantra. You never know when taking a few extra frames will give that very common nudibranch just a touch different lighting that makes it really glow or just that little cock of a rhinophore that makes him look so much more animated.

The more I shoot, the more I try to shoot because I know that after I control the things I can control there's nothing I can do except keep clicking to get that one frame that speaks to me for whatever reason...and usually that comes from some barely discernable change from one frame to another. Someone not looking at all of them wouldn't notice, but I do.

Shoot 50 to 100, thank god for digital cameras.
Keep, depends on subject matter, less than 10% are worth showing others,
Loads of fish buts on some dives, macro means more keepers, wrecks have the highest keeper rate.

The more I shoot, the more I try to shoot because I know that after I control the things I can control there's nothing I can do except keep clicking to get that one frame that speaks to me for whatever reason...and usually that comes from some barely discernable change from one frame to another. Someone not looking at all of them wouldn't notice, but I do.

Exactly. :wink:

I think it varies too much to give you an accurate average. In the Philippines it was easily over 200 a dive with a great guide who was calling long before I was through with the last subject. In other places with no guide, much less. Sometimes less than 50. On the dream dive...my camera melts inside the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom