How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirlada (the original song) - Captain Pantelis Ginis & his Crew

Gasha James Dio

photo.jpg

Last edited:

Skin Diving - Super 8 underwater footage

ForgottenFilm

Skin Diving. An underwater adventure from the 60s. The original film was shot in 1966.
This footage was sold as Regular 8mm and Super 8 film as color and black and white version.
All color copies of this film that I have seen in the last time are strongly reddish.

West Bend Aqua Club - Icediving 1975

Brings back memories of me taking m
Don Skalstad

Video by: Don Skalstad. Ice diving in Long lake located between West Bend Wisconsin and Fond du Lac Wisconsin. { Dundee WI} We were doing this at local Ice Fishing Tournaments in and around Washington County. This was shot by my brother Dennis Skalstad with a GAF Super 8 movie camera. The tall skinny guy in the yellow hat is Jim Lang owner of the West Bend Scuba shop located just south of the Technical school in West Bend. I recall the owner of the "Camera C

This ice diving film reminds me of getting ice diver certified in PA in 1978. One dive in a wet suit and one in a dry suit. The wet suit dive was a bit chilly!

I started out on US Divers stuff (Mask, regulator, etc), used Scubapro most often, but since the best engineers moved to Atomics I am a big fan of them and don't trust vintage stuff anymore. My first Instructor told me to buy my equipment like my life depended on it, because it does. Technology changes over 40 years, usually for the better. I can't do the things I did 40 years ago, why should I trust my equipment made back then to do what it should?

This section is about vintage diving ,vintage equipments enjoy section. I also rubber material lover. My doublehose regulators never go to free flow and the stages are not frozen. Every sport has a risk , I've been diving for 41 years
My La Spirotechnique, Nemrod, Drager, Barakuda, Aqua Lung and others did not leave me half way .
I dived with them 200+ feet many times ,some of them single stage (La Spiro Mistral ) .
Now I am going to dive with a Royal Mistral to 124 feet a Russian wreck in the Black Sea. I trust more them new.
Doublehose never dies.

I started out on US Divers stuff (Mask, regulator, etc), used Scubapro most often, but since the best engineers moved to Atomics I am a big fan of them and don't trust vintage stuff anymore. My first Instructor told me to buy my equipment like my life depended on it, because it does. Technology changes over 40 years, usually for the better. I can't do the things I did 40 years ago, why should I trust my equipment made back then to do what it should?
I really don't understand your comment about trusting equipment made 40 years ago and its safety and reliability
This section highlights some of the brilliance of the innovation and engineering behind the products and properly maintained they function perfectly well, often exceeding today's offerings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom