How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that I love vintage gear, it just reminds me of when life was good. I am restoring my Atpak, with marbles for ballast, and hope to have its maiden voyage in Jan. If it sucks, I'll let everyone know. My Posiedon from 1974 still works under the ice and in the tropics. I think I am going back to basics. Cheers

I can identify with Vincent's thought- "it just reminds me of when life was good". I began diving in the early 70's, when I was a younger man facing a world of unlimited possibilities. But even in that period, diving equipment was special. It was innovative and exciting, when new and different products made it to the marketplace. The equipment wasn't always unique, as manufacturers often copied one another, but there was an element of creativity behind the devices, that made it a joy to hold them in your hands and to actually use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom